Welcoming spring is about welcoming new beginnings. There is no better time to de-clutter your home, do some spring cleaning and get new fresh energy flowing in your home and in your life to set the stage for new transformations.
Spring cleaning should feel like a ritual that expresses deep gratitude for your home that you are living in, a sanctuary that you and your family enjoy.
Your house will never truly be clean unless you first start to tidy and de-clutter first.
Here are our top tips for spring cleaning.
- Take a moment of gratitude for your space and light a candle.
- De-clutter : Donate the items you are no longer using.
- Arrange items by category and find correct storage for them.
- Clean room by room, flip your mattress, have curtains cleaned etc.
- Make your own cleaning products or buy chemical free products online which also have a soothing scent.
Here are some DIY chemical-free cleaning products you can make at home.
½ cup bicarbonate of soda
4 drops of lavender essential oil
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda in a bowl with the essential oil.
- Use a sieve and evenly spread over your mattress.
- Leave for an hour.
- Use a vacuum cleaning to get rid of the bicarbonate of soda.
- Your mattress will be left sanitized and smelling fresh like lavender which is also good for sleep.
½ cup vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups water
4 drops of lemongrass essential oil (or scent of your choice)
- Place all ingredients into a spray bottle.
- Shake it up.
- Spray on the surface and wipe with a clean cloth.
1 cup vinegar.
1 cup bicarbonate of soda.
10 drops of verbena essential oil.
2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- Use the ingredients on the tiles in your shower.
- Scrub the area with a brush and your bathroom cleaner.
- Wash off with warm water and enjoy a sparkling white bathroom.
It is important to use chemical free cleaning products in your home as toxins are extremely harmful for your body. Products with chemicals in them contribute to chronic respiratory problems, allergic reactions and headaches.